Invitation for Publishers
The World Samskrit Book Fair will be the largest ever Samskrit publishing event to date, with an estimated 100,000 attendees and over 100 publishers. The fair will provide an opportunity for publishers not only to market and sell their titles, but also to engage with key figures in the industry and to collaborate with their peers in Samskrit publishing.
Who Will Be Attending?
The fair attendees will include a diverse range of Samskrit scholars, students and lovers of the language and its literature from all over India and beyond. Attendees are expected from various fields including:
- Education: including curriculum decision makers, university faculty, school teachers and students
- Scholarship: including research institutes, independent scholars and visiting faculty and students from outside India
- General interest: including over a million Samskrit enthusiasts linked to Samskrita Bharati and those interested in Indian philosophy, science, yoga, ayurveda.
Which Publishers Are Invited?
The organisers invite active participation by publishers of books, video and audio, both in the Samskrit language proper as well as publications about the Samskrit language and literature in other languages from:
- Commercial Indology and Samskrit publishers
- Institutional publishers
- NGOs and not-for-profit organisations
- Individual publishers
Publishers are asked to exhibit only those of their books and rich-media publications (audio, video, eLearning etc) that are Samskrit-related.
What Are the Advantages of Participating?
- Institutional buyers will include educational, research, religious and government bodies. The government has allocated funds towards book buying at the fair, so sales to educational institutes in particular are expected to be high.
- Arrangements are also being made to fund discounts on material purchased during the fair.
- Samskrit scholars and students
- General public
Business and networking opportunities: The fair will act as a platform for the Samskrit publishing industry to meet, exchange ideas, form partnerships and discuss the opportunities and challenges facing the Samskrit publishing world today. Participants will include:
- Samskrit-related publishers
- Leading figures from the Sanskrit community
- Retailers and service providers
Publicity opportunities, including:
- Media coverage
- Author and book promotion: including the chance to promote your book or author in a free publicity event
If you are a publisher and would like to know how to participate in the book fair, visit our Publisher Information Page.